Raw honey has been used as a food product and also for medicinal treatment since the olden days. However, most of the honey one buys buy raw honey online from the stores is always pasteurized. Pasteurization destroys many beneficial nutrients that raw honey provides.
So next time, try to buy raw honey online or from a reliable source to get all the amazing benefits raw honey has to offer.
Benefits of Raw Honey To Health:
1. Anti Oxidative Properties: Raw honey can be a great source of antioxidants for the body. Honey has the same amount of antioxidants as that of fruits and vegetables. Antioxidants are essential because they help protect the body from cell damage by free radicals.
Free radicals have been linked to various aging processes, an increased risk of chronic diseases related to the heart, and can induce cancer risk. The antioxidants present in honey are known as polyphenols that aid in the prevention of these mentioned diseases.
Honey also contains chemical compounds known as phytonutrients, which also have excellent antioxidative properties. The phytonutrients have been linked to boosting health and immunity for people.
2. Sore Throat Treatment: Nothing treats a sore throat better than a spoonful of honey mixed with some hot tea. As a remedy for cold and sore throat, honey has always been in use since the olden days. Honey is also useful as a cough suppressant, working just as efficiently as any medication.
3. Wound Healing: Using honey for healing wounds has been prevalent since ancient times. Honey is one of the best naturally occurring substances that aid in wound healing because it kills germs and bacteria effectively.
It also aids in the tissue regeneration capacity of the body. Raw honey contains naturally occurring hydrogen peroxide that acts as an antiseptic.
It is very effective as an antibacterial or antifungal remedy for wounds. Hence, honey is treated and sterilized to be used as a medical-grade remedy for healing wounds.
4. Cancer Treatment: Phytonutrients present in honey has shown to have anti-cancer benefits. The antioxidant property of raw honey has been linked to improving the body’s resilience to cancer cells.
5. Digestive Treatment: Although not commonly used as a medical-grade remedy, raw honey contains a sort of prebiotic that helps nourish the good bacteria present in the digestive tracts. It is effective against certain bacteria that give rise to stomach ulcers.
6. Skin Treatment: Raw honey has various nourishing properties and helps in moisturizing the skin. Hence, it aids in many skin rejuvenation treatments. Honey is often a common ingredient in many home remedies that can help treat dry skin, cracked lips, or clogged pores.
7. Energy: The sugar and plant proteins present in honey when mixed in drinks, provide a temporary energy boost. This is because of the natural, unprocessed sugar present in raw honey that contains a lot of vital nutrients. It gives an energy high to the people who consume it.
8. Replace Sugar: Raw honey can replace sugar as an alternative for diabetic patients. However, it is advised not to consume too much as it is only slightly better than refined sugar. People with diabetes must consume raw honey with great caution.
9. Blood Pressure: The antioxidants properties present in raw honey can reduce blood pressure levels. High blood pressure is often linked to heart diseases, and raw honey helps reduce it.
10. Reduce Heart Diseases: Raw honey reduces triglycerides, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels, all of which promote cardiovascular diseases and heart health. Hence, honey consumption can help improve the health of the cardiovascular system.
11. Other Medicinal Benefits: Other benefits of raw honey consumption include treating stress and obesity. Raw honey also helps with other health issues like vision problems, teething pain in children, diarrhea, dermatitis, arthritis, and hangover relief.
It is also used to treat jaundice, vomiting, ulcers, bad breath, and sleep problems. Although there are mixed medicinal reviews on these benefits, treating these problems with raw honey has never given rise to any side effects or health problems.
Many households widely seek out raw honey as it is natural and affordable. Being readily available and packed with many highly beneficial advantages, it would be great to incorporate raw honey into a person’s daily diet.
Having no chemicals and being more tastier, it is no wonder that raw honey gets a preference in the health and religious sectors.
Compared to the benefits it offers, its price and availability have not been compromised. The common man can buy raw honey online without making much of a dent in the pocket.