It is 2020, but Laravel web development is still considered as an effective & reliable framework of PHP to build robust applications rich with convenient features and high-performance. It is popular amongst developers because it makes use of MVC (Model View Controller) architecture that helps to build projects of any size quick & easy. It has some built-in features that make it relatively competent and advantageous like:
- Lightweight templates
- Object Relational Mapping (ORM)
- Bcrypt hashing
- CSRF (Cross-site Request Forgery) protection
- Responsible Interface
- Object-Oriented and Modular libraries
These aforesaid attributes are helpful to fulfill the objectives of creating the finest applications that can help to extend the business operations and scope.
With every release, the demand for Laravel web development services has heightened. For example, Laravel 6 released on September 3rd, 2019 has brought some more useful features in the framework like semantic versioning, ignition error page, improved authorization responses, subquery enhancements, and more.
As such, it becomes important as well interesting to know about the hacks or practices that can help to develop impressive Laravel applications.
Best Practices for Laravel App Development
Having awareness as to the latest and competitive practices of any framework can help to surge the development process. The same rule applies to this widely used and popular PHP framework as well. Let’s check them out:
1. Don’t go crazy with plugins: If you are making use of excessive plugins, then take a step back and analyze which of them are irrelevant or not going to help you with your business objectives. For this purpose, you can take help from a developer and disable the plugins anytime. This will not disturb the other functions that are active on the website.
2. Use Artisan: Using Laravel’s Artisan CLI (Command Line Interface) can positively promote a smooth development experience. Going for the best Artisan CLI will further elevate this experience. Also, this tool of the PHP framework is best and unique which also helps in the scheduling of the tasks.
3. Use SSL & HTTPS: Using SSL & HTTPS is not only considered as a best practice but a must requirement. It helps to implement advanced security on your website to defend it from vulnerable cyber threats. SSL can assist to place sensitive information in the encrypted format over the internet.
On the other side, if the information on the website is more sensitive, then HTTPS should be used instead of a standard HTTP. Standard HTTP is not recommended because it can transmit sensitive information over the network in plain text.
4. Don’t miss the JIT Compiler code: HHVM is a great JIT compiler that can be used to avoid the problems that arise when the use of code compilers by programmers (to understand the PHP codes) downgrades the overall performance of the website. But it should be kept in mind that Zend Engine should be removed as well. After that, you will observe two things i.e. accelerated performance and smooth compilation of PHP codes.
5. Use the latest version: The elegant Laravel web development services demand the use of the latest versions. It is advisable to use the latest versions because they bring more advanced features for high-end performance and enhanced security to the applications and websites.
Some other best practices or hacks that can be taken into account are- maintaining coding standards, utilizing eloquent ORM, keeping a clean database, using CDN, using optimized images, using strong credentials, etc. Following these practices or hacks can help you to advance in the right direction.