In order to seek admission in the B.Tech programmes at VIT (Vellore Institute of Technology) and its associated campuses candidates have to take and clear the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam popularly known as VITEEE. As per the reports somewhere around 2 lakh students took this exam for approximately 5000 engineering seats for its 15 Engineering B.Tech Programs. VIT has also made its way in Limca Book of Records for the fourth year in a row for the highest number of placements in a single slot.
For the year 2016 VITEEE is scheduled to be conducted on April 6, 2016 to April 17, 2016 in computer based mode in major cities across India. All the B.Tech programmes at VIT are accredited by National and International agencies such as NBA, NAAC, IET (UK), Energy Institute (UK)
- Bio Medical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Sc. & Engineering
- Computer Sc. & Engg. (Bioinformatics)
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Automative)
- Mechanical Engineering (Chemical Process)
- Mechanical Engineering (Energy)
- Production & Industrial Engineering
- Age Limit: The candidates should have born before July 1, 1994 in case appearing for VITEEE 2016
- Academic Qualifications: The candidate must have passed Class 12 or shall be appearing in Class 12 Examinations in the following year from any recognized Boards.
- Minimum Marks Required: Candidates must have secured minimum 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology inclusive of the practical examination. (50% in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates).
- Course Eligible for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) candidates: If the candidate has studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in Class 12 then they are eligible for all the 14 B.Tech. Degree Programmes.
- Course Eligible for Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) candidates: If the candidate has studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) in Class 12 then they are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology and Engg (Spec. in Bioinformatics) provided they study Mathematics after joining so as to bridge the gap.
Candidates can fill the Application Form via any of the four modes discussed below:
- Mode 1: OFFLINE through Post Offices
- Mode 2: OFFLINE through Vellore Campus/Administration office
- Mode 3: OFFLINE through post
- Mode 4: Online
How to pay the Application Fees
- Candidates on the initial basis are shortlisted on basis of the Written Test.
- Thereafter the shortlisted candidates are called for counselling for final admission
- VITEEE would be a Computer Based Test
- Medium: English
- Negative Marking: There will be no Negative Marking