No doubt Netgear extender setup is a boon for all those users who wish to perk up their existing network range to the greater extent. Also, known as signal booster or wireless repeater, range extenders are networking devices that receive the WiFi signals coming out of main router and then boost it to far corners to cover all the dead zones and blind spots.
For the setup of your wireless device, you are supposed to attach computer/ laptop and range extender with each other via Ethernet cable. After that, launch a web browser and into the address bar field type mywifiext.net.
Mywifiext.net is the local web address that is intended to complete the extender installation process with ease. At times, it might appear with an error message like “unable to connect”. This happens just because mywifiext is not a regular website, it is the local web address on the internet. As a result, users fail to access Netgear extender login page.
To resolve this issue, try the rose petal Netgear troubleshooting tactics given below.
- Place the extender in same room of your existing WiFi router.
- The router should carry latest and updated version of firmware.
- Router shouldn’t be overheated. Moreover, it shouldn’t be placed back of any device, beneath the table or inside the cabinet.
- The computer/ laptop should be load free from browsing history, junk files, malware, cache and the cookies as well.
- Place your extender away from concrete walls, metal objects, electronic appliances, Bluetooth gadgets, speaker phones, windows, cordless phones, treadmill, baby monitors, microwave, public WiFi, etc.
- Last but not the least: Opt for another web browser.
Steps for the Setup of WiFi Range Extender
Netgear range expanders (extender) can easily be set up in two ways: manual method and WiFi-Protected Setup (WPS) method.
- Manual Method
- If your wireless repeater has an Ethernet port, walk through the baby touch steps given below to set up your device manually in a hassle-free way:
- Now, carefully connect your device to the computer or laptop.
- Log in to the webpage of mywifiext.net. This is the default login page of your wireless range extender.
- The displayed page will ask you for username and password (default).
- Moreover, if you don’t have an account, create one using valid email and a strong password.
- Once the login page of your Netgear range extender opens up, select the router network.
- Enter a password you desire and click on the Continue button.
- At last, apply the settings.
And that’s it. The setup and installation process of Netgear WiFi range extender has been successfully done. It will now show four solid green lights. If you face an issue during the setup process then give the service provider of Netgear a call on 1-844-689-9966 (toll-free number).
What if your Netgear wireless Range Extender doesn’t carry an Ethernet Port? Need not to worry, just follow the feather touch instructions below:
- Reset the Netgear extender back to its default values.
- Navigate to the Extender Login page by using its default IP address.
- Type default login credentials into the given fields.
- Follow the on-screen setup wizard to connect to main router.
- Ask our certified technicians for Netgear extender support.
Congrats! In this way, Netgear range extender with an Ethernet port can be set up easily.
- WPS Method
Using WPS (WiFi-Protected Setup) method for signal boosters is pretty simple. Only a few light and smooth steps to follow and you are done.
- Power on the Netgear device.
- Hit WPS button on it.
- The blinking WPS light shows that the extender has started to configure with your main router.
- After a couple of minutes, there will be three (3) solid green lights which signify that your wireless repeater has been properly configured with the router.
- If you own a dual-band extender then repeat the step 2.
- For more troubleshooting steps, dial our Netgear helpline
Soon after the setup process of your Netgear device is completed successfully, the extended network for both frequency bands will broadcast. Connect all wired and wireless devices to extended network and start taking benefits from the internet.
For any type of assistance for range extenders whether it is related to setup, installation or configuration, feel free to ask our experienced technical for Netgear support.