The health benefits of turmeric were not something that popped out of the blue in recent years. It has been studied and recorded since time immemorial in the olden day’s civilization in early India and some parts of Asia. Now, all over the world, turmeric powder has been scientifically studied for its beneficial properties to the human body, and Australia Lifestyle is no stranger to the turmeric powder trade.
Australians have been flocking to buy turmeric powder online, and most of them have even included the spice in their daily diet. And what’s so special about turmeric, one might ask? To be accurate, it’s not the turmeric per se that’s beneficial, but a chemical compound present in them called curcumin. The rapid rise of curcumin in medical applications, from cancer treatment to skincare applications, has boosted its significance since the start of the early 2000s, pushing the global market for curcumin to grow and expand further.
With the preference for organic food rising in the country and many shifting to an organic lifestyle, it is evident that turmeric will see a high demand in the years to come.
Everything Special About The Golden Spice:
Take a look at some of the best benefits and know why they are widely used for various health and medical applications:
- Curcumin compounds have been widely recognized among the medical community for having antidepressant properties. This can be attributed to the fact that the compound increases the BDNF factor in the brain, boosting serotonin in the process. Dopamine levels have also been found to increase with turmeric, and further studies are being conducted to use curcumin to treat mental health by reactivating neural connections. Currently, curcumin compounds are being studied to treat Alzheimer’s and even reverse mental damage through brain development.
- Turmeric has both anti-inflammatories and antioxidant properties that can help combat inflammation and cardiac problems in patients. Curcumin prevents free radicals from attacking the vulnerable cells of the body, especially those in the cardiovascular region. What’s more interesting is that it fights these problems with the same intensity as commercially available synthetic drugs in Australia.
- Although not fully researched, curcumin has been studied for years for its anticarcinogenic properties that inhibit the growth of cancer cells in afflicted patients.
- Improved body functioning has been linked to regular turmeric usage in the daily diet. Doctors recommend people buy turmeric powder online or locally and add them to their food for various medicinal benefits. The common benefits for functioning include improved cardiovascular properties, smooth digestive tracts, and enhanced liver performance due to the detoxifying enzymes present in curcumin.
- Combating arthritis is also a benefit of curcumin due to its anti-inflammatory properties. As a result, turmeric diets have been prescribed for patients having arthritis.
- Recently, it has been popping up all over Australia that turmeric usage has skin clearing properties that rejuvenate skin health and help fight acne and oily skin. Various skin ointments, creams and face masks have been derived from turmeric by various manufacturers and skincare brands. The skincare benefits can be attributed to anti-ageing compounds in turmeric that will revitalize skin cells after regular usage.
Unless a person is specifically allergic to turmeric compounds, there are no known side effects for its usage and certainly no toxic ones. Australia’s health and food administrations have deemed turmeric as safe for consumption and have also approved its use for various medicinal and research purposes throughout the country.
Author Name: Hannah Gilbert