Not everyone understands how far proper lighting can go in enhancing and transforming the look and feel of interiors of a house or an office. A careful planning with respect to lighting can add a lot of aesthetic values to the looks along with serving its functional purposes. Any of the interior architects in Bangalore can vouch for the fact that a properly-lit room can offer a much peaceful and calm atmosphere.
If you have plans to change few bulbs here and there at your residence or office or if you are looking forward to an extensive overhaul of your space then consider these 5 lighting ideas that can literally transform your rooms for better.
- Chandeliers– There are few things to chandeliers. They are clichéd, they are costly and they are still a must if you really want your living room to be beautifully and uniformly lit. Most people see chandeliers just as props to beautify their spaces, but these lighting objects are also very functional as they help you get rid of those corner shadows in the room. A crystal chandelier can add elegance or a metallic one can offer great visual treat. These light fittings often come with dimmer levels to use them as per your needs.
- Recessed light fittings– If you don’t want your entire living room bright but just want to illuminate one particular section of it, then, recessed lighting is the answer for you. You can typically find fluorescent, halogen or incandescent bulbs outfitted in these lighting devices. There are usually dimmers attached to it that can be used for decreasing and increasing the illumination and thus changing the ambience in the room in less than a second.
- Task lighting– Now you may confuse this with recessed lighting as these are also used for illuminating specific areas in a house but for specific tasks and not necessarily just to create pleasant ambience. Perfect examples would be lights above the dresser, study lamp, table lamps etc. They can be typically found in the form of pendants, portable lamps, track lights etc.
- Funky cabinet lighting– Being in kitchen and preparing dishes can be all the more fun with some funky lighting embedded in different cabinets. It is a practical and also very smart way of making your kitchen not look boring. Whether it is the kitchen counter top, the cabinets or the exhaust, these light fittings can make your job simpler. Consult one of the home interior designers in Bangalore to learn more about these cool and practical lighting solutions for kitchen and other cabinets in your home.
- Bedside lighting– A little lighting along the bedside can help all of us, especially if you like reading your favorite books right before sleeping. There are many options like bedside lamps, wall-mounted ones or floor lamps that you can choose from. All these often come with a dimmer to regulate the intensity of lighting.
While many home or office owners are driven by lighting options and solutions available in the market, many others approach it one space at a time. Hiring one of the best interior designers in Bangalore can help you get over this confusion.
The trends in home lighting solutions keep changing year after year, but at the end it boils down to how comfortable and peaceful ambience can they create inside the spaces you live in. Office lighting is equally important as right lighting can keep the workforce pepped up and in good mood, which in turn can help any business.
Preethi Vagadia, as a real estate blogger has more than 5 years of experience in writing blog posts that gives great insights to readers about the current trends in real estate sector. Throughout her writing career, she has focused on writing blogs that give valuable input to a home buyer from Bangalore and across other parts of India. She has written many blogs on following topics like construction companies, real estate builders, architects, interior designers, home interiors in Bangalore, luxury apartments, villas and on important criteria to be considered before buying a property.