After a couple gets married, they plan well before having their first child. They have an entire planning done about how to go about it. But sadly sometimes some couples have problems in conceiving a baby. There can be problems in the man as well as woman. Today science has made progress enough to treat most of the conditions. It has also come up with solutions for infertility. So in today’s topic I would be telling you what a couple should do if they are facing male factor infertility. So, in this case the couple is recommended to go through IVF. IVF, also called as the In Vitro fertilisation is a medical procedure where by an egg is fertilised in a test tube or else outside the body.
Some of the best ivf specialist in India describes the process of fertilisation where an egg is combined with sperm outside the body, in a vitro (glass). The process involves monitoring and stimulating a woman’s ovulatory process, removing an ovum or an ova (egg or eggs) from the ovaries and letting sperm fertilise them in a liquid laboratory. The fertilised egg (zygote) is cultured for 2-6 days in a growth medium, an embryo culture and is then transferred to the same or another woman’s uterus with the intention of establishing a successful pregnancy.
Now for some married couples in India, infertility becomes a great deal especially because of the conservative society. So given below are a few points by the ivf specialist in India that one must definitely know:
- Infertility is not uncommon- it is a very common phenomenon and affects almost 1 out of 6 couples.
- Conventional ivf can be time consuming- although the procedure takes just one hour the entire preparation to confirmation of pregnancy can take 4-5 weeks.
- There can be different types of ivf
- The price may be more than the cycle cost- make sure you ask the clinic for the full breakdown cost before starting up with the process.
- Age matters- in the fertility treatment, the younger the age, the better in terms of success rates.
- Success rates could be misleading
- You may need more than one cycle of treatment- the success rates of ivf are around 35%, meaning the patient might have to undergo a number of treatments.
- Frozen is just as good as fresh- frozen eggs or embryos are just as viable as fresh ones.
- You are more likely to have multiple pregnancy- since most of the couples use more than one eggs, there are high rates that could lead to birth of twins or triplets or quadruplets.
- There are lots of additional techniques-couples undergoing ivf wish to increase their chances of success, so there are number of additional techniques for that.
So I hope this article includes all the necessary information about the IVF procedure. And also I would personally like to tell all those couples who have been undergoing problems of infertility, must take help of science and soon undergo the treatment so as to have a complete family.