However, online shopping is not merely about positive things alone. In fact, engaging with online transaction is always entailed with various risks as well. It usually happen when digital shoppers are deceived by phishing scams, online theft, specialized malware, fake stores and fake apps. Most often, the first-time online shoppers are the ones who get victimized among other entities. If you are looking for custom clothing or any other fashion brand on the web, there are several things you need to consider before deciding to type in your credit card details:
- Know who your seller is. There are plenty of merchants and online stores which can be found in different selling sites. Before sealing a purchase deal with any of them, it’s imperative to carefully choose who is the most trustable among all. For example, when checking an unfamiliar online company, it’s a must to check their business address and contact number prior to transacting with them. A digital shopper may call and ask few questions to assess the quality of their customer service as well. Apart from that, discover how they are going to handle product returns, just in case. Indeed, being picky is a key.
- Learn where the information you shared would go. As a client, it’s the right of every online shopper to become aware about what, how and where their basic information will be used. When placing an order, the most common mistake committed by first-time online shoppers is providing their social security number which leads to identity theft. Name, list of products to purchase, address to where it should be shipped, contact number and certain credit card information is a list of what an online shopper is safe to share.
- Check if a selling site is secure. For every digital shopper, it’s advantageous to know that a trustworthy merchant uses encryption technology to safely transfer all information that you will provide. It prevents thieves from stealing in transit. In addition, a first-time digital shopper may look for security seals which guarantee that a selling site is free from credit card fraud, identity theft, malicious threats and spam.
- Prefer using a credit card or an online payment service. There’s a new option for custom clothing online shoppers when paying for their bought items online, it’s called as the disposable credit card that uses a randomly generated number that’s limited to one transaction. This effectively prevents a thief to steal. Also, seeking an online payment service is a safe additional way since it allows online shoppers to pay without sharing their credit card information to selling sites. Truly, there are ways on how to escape the dangers of paying online.
- Keep records related to your purchasing transaction. Printing some copies of an accomplished order confirmation as well as all related negotiations done in email must be secured by the digital shoppers. Such action is intended to ensure success when transacting with an online selling site. Apart from that, it would be best to take advantage of using privacy software to erase some leftovers about a digital shopper’s shared information that might be invaded by the hackers and used for their tricks.
Without any arguments, encountering any negative sides of purchasing custom clothing online creates serious consequences. Because of that, being cautious is a basic requirement for every digital shopper to have a successful advanced purchasing experience.