Bhartiya Janta Party is India’s largest political party in state assemblies and parliament. Amit Shah is current president of the party. The Head Office of BJP is located in New Delhi. Hindu Nationalism, National Conservatism, Social Conservatism, Hindutva, Gandhian Socialism and Integral humanism is the ideology of the party. Narendra Modi (Prime Minister of India) is BJP’s Parliamentary Chairperson and Lok Sabha Leader. Bhartiya Janta party has many wings for the welfare of society like ‘BJP Mahila Morcha’ for women, ‘BJP Kisan Morcha’ for peasants and ‘BJP Minority Morcha’ for minorities. BJP Head Office Delhi Address is available online on official website of Bhartiya Janta Party
Here are some interesting unknown facts about BJP
- Bhartiya Janta Party was founded on April 6, 1980 by Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Bhairon Singh Shekhawat and Lal Krishna Advani. BJP is a subsidiary of Bharatiya Jana Sangh (1951-1977) and the Janata Party (1977-1980).
- The lotus flower is a symbol of BJP because when India was struggling for independence, chapattis and seeds of the lotus were used to communicate. Bhartiya Janta Party founders wanted a symbol used for all religions as initially BJP was not a Hindutva party. ‘Kamal Sandesh’ is party’s own newspaper.
- Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee was the first President of the party in 1980
- Bhartiya Janta Party is called Hindu Nationalist Party because it was formed with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh in 1980. RSS is an Hindu nationalist organization. According to RSS Hindutva includes Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and all who are born and adopted Bharat as their motherland (including Christians, Muslims and Parsis).
- BJP’s current Parliamentary Chairperson, Narendra Modi is India’s most popular leader after independence. India emerged as leading developing economy under Modi’s rule, according to economic experts. Government under Narendra Modi is presently working on its development agenda.
- The party is closely working for building Ram temple in Ayodhya.
- The key issue of the party is the removal of Article 370 for Jammu and Kashmir.
- Bhartiya Janta Party favors privatization of public-sector companies, industries and organizations. However, many parties opposes this move.
- In 1996, BJP became the largest party for the first time in Lok Sabha and formed government but it was short-lived.
- The party follows Indian culture over westernization. Earlier, they wanted to redefine and recast India as Hindu country by excluding other religions. But now BJP is slightly moderated due to the presence of NDA with the broader set of ideologies.
- BJP supports swadeshi(promotion of Indian goods and industries). The party is not in favor of state driven industrialization. They also enacted Prevention of Terrorism Act.
- Bhartiya Janta Party is the world’s largest party, according to primary membership, they have more than 100 million members till date. If you want to join this party, you can contact BJP Delhi Head Office