Even if you clean regularly, your carpet will become victim to accidents – drops, spills, or with whatever your shoes have brought into your house. Properly cleaned and maintained rugs last twice as long. Carpet cleaning companies in Dallas, TX have the following suggestions:
- Blot, don’t rub. Blot stains with a cleaning solution with a paper towel, clean cloth, or sponge. Blotting soaks up the stain; rubbing grounds the dirt into the carpet fibers. Blot from the outside of the stain going in. Doing otherwise will spread the stain. A spreading stain might need professional rug cleaning in Dallas.
- Vacuum often. Vacuum the entrance and high traffic areas twice a week. Other areas can be vacuumed weekly. This will prevent soil build-up. Replace the vacuum filters every three months, and the vacuum bags when they are three-quarters full. Vacuums often stop working or power is cut in half when filters or bags are not changed often enough.
- Use club soda or white vinegar. Used correctly on beer and wine stains, club soda works wonders. Put club soda on a cloth, and then blot the area. If club soda does not work, mix one part white vinegar and one part water in a handheld sprayer. Spray the solution on the stained area. Soak for 10 to 15 minutes before pressing a clean sponge to soak up the solution and stain. You can repeat this process to ensure all the stain is removed completely. Rinse with warm water after, then brush the carpet strands along their natural direction. Lay paper towels over the damp area and weigh them down with a heavy object until the carpet is dry, usually after a day.
- Try water first. 80% of stains can be removed by plain tap water. Press a clean, dry cloth over the stain, repeat until all the stain is absorbed. Then place a damp towel with water and blot the area until the stain is gone. Change cloths if required. Use a fan to dry the area.
- Shaving cream. It removes just about any type of stain. Apply the cream onto the stain and let it sit for 30 minutes. Blot away with a dry cloth, and spray the area with one part vinegar mixed with one part water before wiping away with another cloth.
- Walk-off mats. This will keep dirt off carpets when used inside and outside. Coarse mats outside remove soil, while water-absorbent mats inside prevent wet shoes on the rugs.
- Ice cubes. Works best when you step on chewing gums. Grab ice cubes from your freezer, and freeze the gum for 30 seconds. Once frozen, use a spoon to lift up the gum, and cut the carpet strands as close to the gum as you can so the spot will not be noticeable.
For set stains, professional carpet cleaning companies in Dallas, TX might be needed. ekoserve provides rug cleaning in Dallas with quality professionals who will provide an in-home inspection, a written estimate, and a written guarantee of their work. They provide green carpet cleaning service, along with carpet stretching and repair.