Throughout the centuries, millions of people have discovered the benefits of aromatherapy. It can be used for relaxation, to be revitalized, and it can even be used to help treat some illnesses. One way to get the most out of aromatherapy is to use a bath treatment via aromatherapy bath salts, which you can find at www.myhealthymarket.com. Not only are you getting the benefits of the aromatherapy, you get to do it in a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. It is even good for people who have sensitive skin, as long as the right oils are used. Read on to learn more about using aromatherapy bath salts.
What is Aromatherapy?
In a nutshell, aromatherapy is using various scents that come from essential oils to help with a huge variety of health problems, both physical and psychological. In order to really get the most out of aromatherapy, you need to know about the various essential oils, their healing properties, and how you can use them. Many different types of essential oils are used for aromatherapy bath salts, which can be added to your bathwater. The more you know about the various oils, the better able you will be to choose the best ones for your own needs.
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils come from certain plants, and they can be extracted from the flower petals, leaves, stems, roots, or bark. Contrary to popular belief (and the name), they don’t actually feel oily to the touch. Generally, they are more like water in texture and consistency. These oils really pack a punch, and you only need a tiny bit to get the results you are looking for.
When using essential oils, whether they are in bath salts or in other forms, it is important that you read all of the information on the bottle. For instance, you need to know if there are any reasons why you shouldn’t use a certain oil (pregnancy, breast feeding, etc.). You also need to know if it is going to be a problem if you have sensitive skin. If you are using aromatherapy bath salts, it is best to try a little bit in a patch test on the inside of your elbow about 24 hours before you plan to use them in your bath. If there is no reaction during this time, you shouldn’t have a problem with the salts in your bathwater.
What are the Benefits of Aromatherapy?
There are a number of health benefits you can enjoy by using aromatherapy bath salts. They can help with a number of health problems, including congestion, and they can help you to relax and ease anxiety. Many people use them simply for relaxation, but they can also be used to soothe aches and pains. Aromatherapy bath salts are particularly good for this, because the salts have their own healing properties.
One of the great things about using aromatherapy bath salts is that the benefits last long after you get out of the bath. If you leave the door open, the scents are going to travel throughout your home, and you will be able to enjoy the same smell in every room.
Essential Oils and How they are Used in Aromatherapy Bath Salts
Here are some of the most common essential oils that are used for aromatherapy and used in bath salts.
– Eucalyptus – Use this essential oil to treat coughs and congestion. The hotter the water, the better, because the steam will help to unplug your sinuses and lungs.
– Lavender – This is a great herb that is used in many ways for relaxation, including aromatherapy. It can help in the treatment of depression and anxiety.
– Chamomile – Here is another herb that is often used with bath salts to help ease anxiety and relieve depression.
– Bergamot – In addition to being used to treat stress, anxiety, and depression, bergamot can also be used for certain skin issues, including eczema and psoriasis, making it ideal to use in aromatherapy bath salts.
– Jasmine – While jasmine is often simply used because it smells so nice, it is good for reducing stress. It can also help to treat certain respiratory problems.
– Lemon – There are so many benefits to lemon essential oil, and many bath salts are made with this as a main ingredient. Lemon essential oil can help with digestive issues, and even treat acne, so it is perfect for your bathwater.
– Marjoram – This is an herb that has many health benefits, and is commonly used in aromatherapy. Some of the health benefits of marjoram include easing stress, helping with respiratory issues, helping with circulatory issues, and fighting fatigue.
– Rose – There are several health benefits when you use rose essential oil in bath salts. It can help with digestion, circulation, and even asthma. It is also a lovely smell that is very relaxing and can help ease tension.
– Tea Tree Oil – This can be used as an antiseptic that can treat a number of problems, including toenail fungus. Because it is so strong, it is important to use tea tree oil in very small amounts, so look for bath salts that contain just a bit of tea tree oil.
– Peppermint – Your bathroom will smell like candy, and you will enjoy the refreshing benefits of peppermint. It can help to improve mental alertness, and can help you to be more energized.
Make Your Own Aromatherapy Bath Salts
If you are having difficulties finding the bath salts with the essential oils you want to use for aromatherapy, you can make you own, and it only takes a few minutes. The trick to making aromatherapy bath salts is to use coarse salts. You will need to combine one half cup of coarse sea salt with one half cup of Epsom salts. Then, add a few drops of your essential oil(s). If you want, you can add a bit of food-grade coloring, but it isn’t necessary and not a good idea if you have any skin sensitivity. You can also use this mixture to use as a facial scrub.