It’s a dream of most of the people to get their bathrooms renovated according to their choice and transform it into their dream bathroom. Hence, it becomes a dream project for most of us. However, while trying to minimize the expenses, we often end up investing in low cost products which can cause more damage in the long run. Anyone who has ever tried to fix bathroom related issues is well aware of how difficult it can get to repair leaks and damages in a bathroom.
For this reason, many people want to consider the option to waterproof bathroom. Here are some of the most important reasons or benefits why you should waterproof your bathroom.
Advantages of Waterproofing Your Bathroom
- The first, most obvious reason to waterproof your bathroom is to prevent leaks and subsequent damages. Water will always gravitate towards cracks and leaks that it can find. This can cause damages to your walls, tiles, floors, electrical instruments and your possessions. It is thus important to waterproof bathroom to avoid any such leaks and damages caused by water.
- By waterproofing your bathroom you will be able to stop the growth and infestation of bacteria, mold and can also prevent damping, which can cause a great deal of damage to your interiors and your possessions.
- Waterproofing your bathroom will allow it to act as an insulator. This can be especially helpful during the winter months, when the walls and tiles of the bathroom becomes extremely cold to touch. This will require you to use a higher heating system. However, by waterproofing your bathroom, you can provide insulation, thus ending up saving you more money in the form of energy bills.
- Waterproofing your bathroom assays you with a good deal of designing options, as you can opt to have many walls hung accessories; such as wall hung basins and toilets. You can also have an open shower plan, instead of a closed quarter shower, since your entire bathroom will be waterproofed.
- Not just this, you will also greatly increase the property value of your house by waterproofing your bathroom. This can be very helpful when you are looking to sell off your property.
How Can You Waterproof Bathroom of Your House?
Traditionally, the plumbing lines of your bathroom would be fixed and then a layer of polymer coating would be laid on the concrete slab. Next, a layer of brickbat coba is laid down, the plastering of the walls is done by levelling them, tiles are then laid and finally installation of fixtures and sanitary ware is done.
Which are the areas in the bathroom where waterproofing is more necessary?
- Pipelines which open near floors and walls.
- Area in and around the shower
- Bath tub, wash basin
- The areas near the bathroom door
- Areas of the tile where they are improperly joint
- All the areas of concealed water pipes, PVC pipes, pipe joints, etc.
Some tips to ensure there is minimal leakage in your bathroom:
- Ensure that your bathroom waterproofing is done by an expert having access to professional tools and materials
- Ensure that a proper slope is created in the bathroom where water can easily flow and drain out without accumulating in one place for a long period of time.
- Make sure the tiles are jointed firmly so that water does not accumulate in the cracks and joints and cause the formation of algae and bacteria.
- The drain which is in the bathroom near the taps must be properly sealed off, such that there is no leakage.
It is essential to plan well and waterproof your entire bathroom, as water damage to your house can be extremely difficult to fix, and becomes equally exhaustive and expensive. Waterproof your bathroom to ensure a leak free bathroom along with comfortable and healthy living conditions.